Mr. Jim McCord is the President/Owner of McCord Engineering, Inc. (MEI). Mr. McCord graduated with his Master of Engineering from Texas A&M University in 1971. While in graduate school, he served as a Graduate Assistant for Electric Power Institute of Texas. Mr. McCord worked for Electric Power Engineers, Inc. from 1970-1985 where he served as a Staff Consulting Engineer and Vice-President. He had the vision and started McCord Engineering, Inc. in January of 1985. He has played a leading role for Electric Distribution and Transmission projects that include Overhead to Underground Electric Line Conversions, Capital Improvement Plans, Master Planning and Studies, feasibility analyses, and new development for cooperatives and municipalities.
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1970
- Master of Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Texas A&M University 1971
Professional Engineer – State of Texas #36899
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Texas Society of Professional Engineers
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
- Tau Beta Phi
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Eta Kappa Nu Association
- National Cattleman’s Beef Association
- Texas & Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association
- Independent Cattlemen’s Association of Texas
Mr. Rex Woods serves as the firm’s Vice President and has been performing electric system consulting engineering for over twenty-two years. He graduated with a degree in Electrical Engineering in 1992 and joined the team at McCord Engineering, Inc. in 1993. He has played a leading role for Electric Distribution and Transmission projects that include Overhead to Underground Electric Line Conversions, Capital Improvement Plans, Master Planning and Studies, feasibility analyses, and new development for cooperatives and municipalities. Project types include new electric power tie lines, power line reconductors, voltage conversions, streetlight designs, and electric powerline designs in new subdivisions.
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1992
Professional Engineer – State of Texas #87089
Technical Publications, Papers, Presentations:
- Presented on “Distribution and Transmission Pole Design” at Texas Electric Cooperatives Engineering Conference, September 2012
- Presented on “Arc Flash” at the MESA Conference, October 2013 and at the Texas Electric Power Conference, April 2014
- Presented on “Current Options for Overhead Sectionalizing on Rural Electric Distribution Systems” at the Texas Electric Cooperatives Engineering Conference, September 2014
- Presented on “Key Changes and Proposals for the 2017 National Electric Safety Code (NESC)”, September 2015
Julie Cerny, Secretary; Kathy Parker, Treasurer; Rex Woods, Vice President; Jimmy McCord, President.
Meet the Team
What Makes us Exceptional?
We don’t just read up on the latest technology. We are creating it. See how we are lifting Unmanned Aerial Vehicles to new heights!
Working alongside utility companies for decades proves we are doing something right! Several of our clients have been with us for over 30 years.
Above and Beyond
Our commitment to excellence and focus on our clients motivates us to continually produce the highest quality of work.
30 years of business in a college town known for its engineers doesn’t happen by accident. Our experience has laid the groundwork for our becoming experts in our field.