Electrical Distribution Engineer
McCord Engineering, Inc. is looking for a senior distribution electrical engineer to join our firm. The firm is involved with renewable, electrical distribution and thermal energy projects. The position will be primarily involved with engineering designs for our clients. Most projects involve working directly with our clients which includes municipal utilities, cooperatives and private entities.
- Able to provide detailed direction to technical staff in one, or more, of the following areas: distribution lines, system planning, modeling.
- Provide interpretation of relevant codes, standards, regulations and guidelines.
- Project management on smaller projects, including direct client relationship.
- Coordinate tasks between departments within McCord Engineering, Inc., sub-consultants, vendors and client.
- Write reports.
- Assist in Business development.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
These examples are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work expected to be performed. The examples of work performed are neither restricted to nor all encompassing of the duties to be performed under this job title.
- Overhead power line construction staking & inventory
- Overhead and power line construction staking sheet development
- Underground power line work order inspections
- Supervise the preparation of electric system planning studies
- Perform electric transmission line design
- Perform underground feeder and electric service layouts
- Be proficient at Computer Aided Drafting (AutoCAD)
- Supervise the preparation of cost estimates for overhead distribution projects
- Prepare contract bid evaluations for power line contracts
- Prepare material specifications and procurement
- Prepare distribution line construction contracts
- Prepare, plan and profile drawings for design or permit
- Supervise the preparation of system protection coordination studies
- Principles and practices of electrical engineering as applied to the design and construction of an electrical power distribution (EPD) system.
- Methods and materials used in the construction, operation, and maintenance of an EPD system.
- Fundamentals and practices of electrical engineering.
- Safety practices and State and Federal regulations relating to EPD system operation, maintenance and construction.
- Methods and tools of drafting.
- Computer applications: MS Office, Computer Aided Drafting and distribution system analysis software.
- Properly interpret and make decisions in accordance with Federal and State laws, regulations, and policies.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Perform technical electrical engineering work of a complex nature.
- Review plans and documents for conformance to regulations.
- Develop design drawings for customers and construction teams.
- Gather data and make accurate engineering computations.
- Prepare plans and specifications, neatly and accurately.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Ten years of increasingly responsible experience in electrical engineering work preferably within the Electric Utility industry, including some supervisory experience.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Electrical Engineering preferably Power Engineering. Registration as a Professional Engineer in Texas.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
|Job Category||Registered Engineer|