McCord Engineering, Inc. (MEI) is seeking a full-time electrical distribution engineer to join our firm. The ideal candidate will have a professional engineering (PE) license, but an individual who can become a PE will be considered. The primary function of this position will be providing electric distribution engineering designs for a cooperative client in North Texas, working out of the northern Dallas/Denton area.
- Perform technical electrical engineering work of a complex nature
- Gather data and make accurate engineering computations
- Design or provide detailed direction to technical staff in one or more of the following electric engineering areas: overhead distribution line designs, system planning, and system modeling
- Develop design drawings for customers and construction teams
- Prepare plan and profile drawings for electric distribution power line design or permit
- Prepare plans and specifications, neatly and accurately
- Overhead electric distribution power line construction staking & inventory
- Overhead electric distribution power line construction staking sheet development
- Review plans and documents for conformance to regulations
- Interpret relevant codes, standards, regulations, and guidelines (including NESC)
- Properly interpret and make decisions in accordance with federal and state laws, regulations, and policies
- Supervise the preparation of cost estimates for overhead electric distribution power line projects
- Project management on smaller projects, including direct client relationship
- Coordinate tasks between departments within McCord Engineering, Inc., sub-consultants, vendors, and client
- Establish and maintain electric cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (preferably Power Engineering) from an accredited college or university.
Five years of experience in electrical engineering within the Electric Utility industry and a PE license in the State of Texas is preferred, but a candidate with less experience will be considered if the individual has the ability to become a Professional Engineer.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Fundamentals and practices of electrical engineering
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
- Knowledge of electrical engineering principles and practices as applied to the design and construction of an electrical power distribution (EPD) system
- Understanding of methods and materials used in the construction, operation, and maintenance of an EPD system
- Working knowledge of safety practices and state and federal regulations relating to EPD system operation, maintenance, and construction
- Methods and tools of drafting
- Proficiency in MS Office, AutoCAD, and EPD system analysis software
In 1985, MEI opened its doors in Aggieland (College Station, TX) and is now home to eight Professional Engineers and dozens of highly-skilled technical staff members. We have two satellite offices in Georgetown and Denton to allow us to better serve our clients all across the State of Texas. MEI is committed to maintaining the safety and wellbeing of each employee by providing a responsive work environment that promotes work-life balance.
Paid time off
Short Term and Long Term Disability
|Job Category||Registered Engineer|