Construction Management and Work Order Inspections
MEI has experienced professionals who can assist with construction project management and construction work order inspections. MEI can be involved with a construction project at any level as desired by the client, from 100% of the time the contractor is on site to weekly trips to check on construction. MEI performs construction work order inspections for numerous cooperative clients. These inspections include a field review and an engineer signing off on the inspections and RUS 219’s. The Project Manager will perform and/or assign a Construction Inspector to perform construction management and inspections. The role of Construction Inspector is vital to the success of the construction project. This role is responsible for enforcing the Engineer approved designs per the drawings and construction specifications. Inspections and coordination with the Construction Contractor are the best ways to ensure that the Construction Contractor performs in accordance with the drawings and construction specifications. The function of the “Construction Inspector” includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate all project site visits with the client’s representative, if required.
- Review of materials on hand and schedule deliveries.
- Review the construction schedule with the Construction Contractor and update as necessary.
- Periodically visit the construction site to observe and document construction progress, as needed (frequency to be determined by client).
- Be present at the site to witness execution of critical construction milestones as required by the construction specification.
- Assist with ensuring construction is being implemented according to the plans, construction specifications and schedule. Site inspection is expected to resolve most, if not all, design and construction conflicts.
- Each construction inspection should include digital photographs of the construction progress. Site visit notes will be included in the written progress report.
- Progress reports will be issued to the client monthly, or as required.
For more information about Construction Management & Work Order Inspections, Contact Rex Woods, P.E.