Distribution Line Design
The experienced distribution line design professionals at MEI are able to create virtually any distribution power line configuration. We have expertise in all aspects of utility, industrial, and institutional power distribution engineering.
Our team has designed and field staked thousands of miles of underground and overhead distribution power lines for all distribution class voltages.
We have a reputation for efficiency and safety, as well as meeting each client’s schedule, goals and system needs. We go beyond standard engineering services to offer expertise in utility operations to include right-of-way practices, work package development and closing, customer charging policies, rates, unit estimating systems, outage analysis, joint use, and standard utility designs.
Our utility clients value our knowledge, and we specialize in areas that often present a challenge to utility operations. MEI offers specific construction management services or complete turnkey projects. We also specialize in making modifications to existing facilities while maintaining continuous electric service to customers.
- 15 kV to 35 kV Overhead Electric Utility Infrastructure Design
- Construction and Material Bid Specifications, Procurement, and Contracts
- Construction Contract Management
- Cost Estimates and Material Lists
- Easement Research and Acquisition
- Emergency Assistance with Major Storm Events and Outages & Restoration
- Engineering and Design of 15 kV to 35 kV Underground Infrastructure including encased conduit, manhole, and boring
- Engineering and Design for Overhead and Underground Voltage Conversions and Reconductoring
- Field Inventory, Staking Services, and Drawing Development
- Inspection Services for 15 kV to 35 kV Overhead/Underground Construction and Maintenance
- Utility Relocation Related to TxDOT Road Widening Projects
What Our Clients Have to Say…