MEI’s substation design team comprises engineers and designers with varying backgrounds in the electric utility and consulting engineering industries. This collective experience includes design, construction, operations, maintenance, system protection, and apparatus expertise.
MEI takes the utilities perspective into account during the substation design process and factors into account the field operations and maintenance of the substation facilities.
MEI uses IEEE, ASCE, and NEMA standards to provide a proven design basis for every substation design project. Other industry accepted practices by organizations such as the RUS Substation Design Guide are applied.
With more than thirty-five years of experience directly related to power transformer procurement, quality assurance, maintenance practices, condition assessments, and forensic analysis, our services are available to assist clients with matters related to their power transformers.
We use AutoCAD on substation design projects to verify clearances, working space, and drawing accuracy.
All drawings are reviewed and approved by a licensed professional engineer prior to issuing for construction.
- 138 kV Substation Designs
- 138 kV Capacitor Installations
- 138 kV Relay Schemes
- 138 kV Meter Configurations
- Analysis of protective system events
- Construction Supervision by Critical Path Method (CPM)
- Determine Initial System Requirements
- Development of Material Specifications
- Development of Construction Bid Unit Specifications
- Issue the project for bid
- Management of the construction contractor
- Feasibility Studies
- Full EPC packages to Owner or MEI Standards
- Grounding System Analysis and Design
- Material Specification and Labor Procurement Through Competitive Bid Process
- Materials Engineering and Procurement
- New Substation Design (Electrical, Structural, Civil)
- Oil Containment Systems
- Power factor correction studies
- Regulatory permitting and filing
- Relay calculations and settings
- Relay scheme design
- Reliability Analysis
- Reliability-Based Design
- Retrofit/Capacity Increases
- SCADA Design
- Site Development Proposals
- Site Location Planning Design Specifications
- Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) Plans
- Substation Apparatus Consulting (Witness of Factory Test, Application Consulting, Rating, )
- Project and Construction Management, Including management of construction Activities at Client Sites
- Upgrades and Modifications, Including Developing Designs and Plans to Facilitate keeping the Substation in Service During Construction
- Vendor evaluation and component selection
- CPM Scheduling
What Our Clients Have to Say…